Text size: A A A

Internships & Externships

Judicial Externships

The 62 B District court is committed to the education of future attorneys and officers of the court.  As such, we provide placements for nonpaid externship opportunities at the court.

What type of work can I expect to do?

Assignments at the district court are varied.  All specific duties and special projects are determined at the time of application and interview.

What is an extern?

An extern is a law student receiving educational credit while performing services for the court.

Are there any special requirements?

All externs must have completed their second year of law school or equivalent education.  Students will be considered on a case by case basis.

How do I apply?

To apply to the court, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Attn:  Judge William G. Kelly
62-B District Court
4740 Walma S.E.
Kentwood, Michigan 49512

Special Note

Every school has its own system of providing educational credits for externships and process for approving of a placement.  Please refer to your school’s policies and administrators for details.

Probation Internships

The Kentwood Probation Department is committed to the education of future probation officers.  As such, we provide internship opportunities to senior students.

All information regarding the probation student intern program is these documents.  Please review and complete these forms as directed.