Kentwood Parks & Recreation
Paul Henry Trail
We Need Your Help! Join the Trail Patrol.
Have you walked the Kentwood section of the Paul Henry Thornapple Trail and noticed walkers, rollerbladers and bikers in bright yellow jackets with "Trail Patrol" written on the back? Our Trail Patrollers are not enforcers but keepers of the trail, trained to observe, record and report any trail needs or abuse and to administer basic first aid. We will train you in all of these areas. Volunteers are needed to help us keep the trail clean and safe. If this is something you feel you can help us with, please contact Kendall, at 656-5276 to set up a meeting.
This program is done on a volunteer basis, in your free time
Utilizing The Paul Henry Thornapple Trail
Enjoy walking, jogging, biking or rollerblading on the 2.5 mile Paul Henry Thornapple Trail. The trail may be accessed at Wing & 60th, Stauffer & 52nd and Kalamazoo & 44th. The trail is open from dawn to dusk.
- Non-motorized vehicles only
- Trail open from dusk to dawn
- Keep pets on 6 foot leash and clean up after pets
- Buddy system is recommended
- Ride and skate at a safe speed
- Stay on trail and keep trail free of litter
- Give right of way to fellow users
- Protect and respect wildlife and wildflowers
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in any park.
Please call 656.5270 to report Trail Abuse!