Text size: A A A
APPROVED MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE KENTWOOD CITY COMMISSION
HELD OCTOBER 4, 2016
Mayor Stephen Kepley called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
Commissioner Brown led the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
Imam Morsy Salem of At-Tawheed Islamic Center gave the invocation.
Roll Call: Present: Commissioners: Betsy Artz, Michael W. Brown, Erwin Haas, Robert Coughlin, Jerry DeMaagd, Steve Redmond and Mayor Stephen Kepley.
Staff Present: City Engineer Tim Bradshaw, Finance Director Tom Chase, Public Works Director John Gorney, Police Chief Tom Hillen, City Clerk Dan Kasunic, Fire Chief Brent Looman, Assistant Finance Director Lorna Nenciarini, Deputy Administrator Mark Rambo, Parks and Recreation Director Val Romeo, Community Development Director Terry Schweitzer, Fire Department Administrative Assistant Nancy Shane, City Attorney Jeffrey Sluggett.
Six (6) citizens attended the meeting.
Motion by Coughlin, seconded by Brown, to approve the agenda.
ACKNOWLEDGE VISITORS AND NON-AGENDA ITEMS:
Steve Johnson introduced himself as the Republican candidate for the state congressional 72nd
(All items under this section are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion with no discussion. If discussion is desired by a Commission member, that member may request removal of an item from the Consent Agenda.)
Motion by Artz, seconded by DeMaagd, to approve the Consent Agenda as follows:
- Receive and file minutes of the Committee of the Whole Meeting held on September 20, 2016.
- Resolution 44–16 to set a public hearing for consideration of an application for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate for Action Fabricators, Inc. located at 3760 East Paris Ave., SE.
- Approve two recommended candidates Penny Hill and Jean Stegeman for election to the MML Liability & Property Pool Board.
- Authorize contract amendment with Prein & Newhof, Inc. for engineering services for the rehabilitation of 44th Street between Shaffer and Broadmoor Aves.
- Receive and file the General Revenue and Expenditure Report for month ended July 31, 2016.
- Payables for the City totaling $1,464,562.10
Roll Call Vote: Yeas: All. Nays: None. Absent: None.
Motion by Brown, seconded by Haas, to approve the minutes
of the September 20, 2016 City Commission Meeting.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS:
CONFIRM APPOINTMENT OF ED KAPE TO THE PARKS & RECREATION COMMISSION.
Motion by Coughlin, seconded by Artz, to confirm the appointment of Ed Kape to the Parks & Recreation Commission.
COMMENTS OF COMMISSIONERS AND MAYOR:
Commissioner Artz-Attended the Nigerian event and found them warm and welcoming and enjoyed the event.
Mayor Kepley-Attended the West Michigan Forum and discussed the top five issues that concern local governments.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 P.M.
Dan Kasunic Stephen C.N. Kepley
City Clerk Mayor